Welcome to Saint Francis Hospital
Saint Francis Hospital
355 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston, IL is an award-winning, full-service 375-bed Level I Trauma Center that specializes in emergency and cardiac care.
As home to the only accredited Chest Pain Center on Chicago's North Shore, Saint Francis Hospital and its more than 500 physicians have a rich history of providing top-quality care and leading edge technologies.
Home to Many Honors
- Saint Francis Hospital's Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) has been named as a recipient of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence, a nationally recognized award granted by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) to critical care units that achieve high quality outcomes in patient care and professional practice.
- Saint Francis Hospital was designated as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Saint Francis Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission for using stroke care protocols that have been proven as efficient and high quality.
- Saint Francis Hospital is prestigiously designated a "Blue Center of Distinction" for Cardiac Care by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Saint Francis Hospital's Breast Center is a designated "Center of Excellence" by the American College of Radiology. This designation is held by only 1% of all accredited hospitals in the state of Illinois.
- 55% of Saint Francis Hospital nurses hold advanced credentials in their fields. The nation's average is only 27%.
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
Home to Many Firsts
- Saint Francis Hospital was the first hospital to perform an open heart bypass surgery in the entire Chicagoland area.
- Saint Francis Hospital's Accredited Chest Pain Center was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Illinois.
- Saint Francis Hospital was the first hospital in the entire Midwest to offer a low-dose 64-Slice CT scanner, an extremely high-resolution digital scanner that can detect cardiac disease and other heart abnormalities earlier than ever.
- Saint Francis Hospital staff members organized the first Chicagoland Chapter of Cardiovascular Nurses Association.